Seven Lose-Weight-Fast Tricks to Try This Week
When we’re trying to lose weight, we tend to have one goal above all others: lose weight fast. The reality is that fast weight loss is often temporary weight loss, with the number on the scale creeping right back up as soon as you abandon whatever fad diet you were following. However, there’s something to be said for seeing enough progress to keep you motivated. In the spirit of jump-starting your weight loss, try one of these tricks, guaranteed to get you off to a great start.
1. Swap your restaurant order. You don’t have to stop eating out – just order a grilled chicken salad, or fish and vegetables, instead of burgers or pasta. You’ll still enjoy the experience, especially if you shift your focus to good company and good conversation instead of the food itself.
2. Eat breakfast. If you aren’t a morning person, breakfast doesn’t always sound great – but skipping it can set you up to overeat later in the day. Try toast with peanut butter and an apple for an energy kick that will easily last to lunch.
3. Fit in small bursts of activity. Even if you can’t squeeze a solid hour of exercise into your day (or in addition to your regular workout), you can take five minutes here and there to do some jumping jacks, crunches, or squats. The extra calories you burn will add up, and you’ll be noticeably stronger and more toned.
4. Purge your pantry. When you’re ready to get serious about losing weight, go through your kitchen and get rid of anything you might tempt over indulgence. If you have to drive or walk to the store to get your junk food fix, you’ll probably decide, more often than not, that it isn’t worth it.
5. Perk up your playlists. Load your mobile device with songs that fill you with energy and make you want to move! You’ll exercise harder and longer when you love the music you’re hearing.
6. Make happy hour healthier. If you’re used to going out for dinner or drinks after work, find some like-minded companions and switch to an after-work walk.
7. Add veggies – piles of them. Top your pizza with green peppers and arugula instead of pepperoni – you’ll get full faster and fit in more of the healthy foods you need while losing weight.
There are lots of little tricks you can try to make losing weight easier – have fun coming up with some of your own!